Frequently Requested Information
- Stadium Weekly
- Bell Schedules
- Stadium Handbook
- Paying for Items
- School Supplies
- Dress Code
- Medications at School
- Update Student Contact Information
- Stadium Boosters
- Further Inquiries
Stadium Business Office
We accept in-person payments at the Stadium Business Office and families can pay online through the Family App. Log into the TPS Family App and register for MySchoolBucks. Through MySchoolBucks, you’ll be able to purchase ASB membership, yearbooks and more. Just a single login is needed for all your TPS students.
ASB membership is required for all students participating in clubs, activities, or athletics and it will provide free admission to regular season athletic contests and reduced admission to other ASB activities. Students will receive one complimentary ID card, and replacement ID cards can be purchased for $5.
Stadium InvestEd Donations
When you log in to MySchoolBucks through the Family App to make payments for Stadium items, you will now have the opportunity to donate to Stadium’s InvestED account. InvestED provides funding to secondary schools throughout Washington State. Through InvestED, we can provide opportunities for all students to be involved in school without financial barriers. InvestED will match our donations dollar for dollar up to $500/year. If this is something you’ve been considering, please support us in providing equitable access to all Stadium has to offer.
Free Meals for 2023-2024
For the 2023-2024 school year, all Tacoma Public Schools students will receive free breakfast and lunch. Students who would previously qualify for fee waivers or extra assistance via our Free or Reduced-Price Meal Application process will now be identified through the Household Information Survey. This survey will be available on the district’s website. It is important to complete this survey if you would be eligible for financial assistance. Please contact our Business Office to make financial arrangements for any school-related fees.
To start the school year, in addition to their laptop, Stadium students will need general supplies like pens, paper, pencils, and tools to help them stay organized. Each teacher will communicate with students if there are specific items needed for their class. If you need assistance with school supplies, please contact our Guidance Secretary.
Stadium acknowledges that a correlation exists between appropriate personal attire and student achievement. A similar relationship exists between student dress, safety, and acceptable standards of conduct. This document informs students and families that Stadium’s dress code is designed to allow for student comfort while maintaining a safe environment conducive to teaching and learning.
If a student is out of compliance with the Stadium Dress Code, they will be asked to remedy the situation to become compliant with the following expectations.
- For safety reasons, hats, hoods, visors and other head coverings are not to be worn inside Stadium High School. Please remove such items upon entering the building. Religious/cultural/medical exceptions may be authorized by the administration.
- Students must wear clothing including both a shirt/top with pants, skirt, shorts or the equivalent and shoes.
- Shirts/tops must have fabric on the front, sides, back, and cover the abdomen. Muscle shirts and strapless shirts do not meet this criterion.
- Pants, dresses, skirts and shorts must have fabric on the front, sides and back, and must be long enough that there is fabric between your legs and a chair. This is a hygiene concern.
- Given we have 6 flights of stairs, for the physical and emotional safety of our students, we recommend wearing shorts under skirts and dresses.
- Clothing must be suitable for all scheduled classroom activities including physical education, science labs, wood shop, and other activities where unique hazards exist. These specialized courses may require specialized attire, such as sports uniforms or safety gear.
- Garments that have alcohol, drug, sexual, or negative ethnic/racial comments or connotations are not allowed to be worn at school or at school-related activities (home or away).
- Clothing may not use or depict hate speech targeting groups based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation or any other protected groups.
- Shoes are to be worn at all times. Laboratory or shop classes may require closed-toed shoes for safety.
- Sunglasses are not permitted to be worn inside the buildings. Transition lenses are permitted.
In order to minimize disruption and loss of instructional time, students should have extra clothing items, especially if they believe they may be asked to change. Please check your student’s attire on a daily basis to assure that students maximize their learning opportunities and avoid attire that is not compliant with the Stadium Dress Code.
If a student has failed to comply with the Stadium Dress Code, the student will be expected to remedy the violation immediately and may be referred to administration.
If you have reason to believe an item may not be school appropriate… it probably isn’t.
In all cases, school administrators will make the final determination regarding specific dress code violations. Students are expected to be cooperative whenever their attire is deemed noncompliant. Argumentative, hostile, or defiant behavior will be subject to disciplinary action.
If your student needs to take medication at school, including over-the-counter medication, you and your student’s doctor must sign a permission form that will remain on file in the Health Room. The medication must be in its original container. If it is a prescription, it must have your student’s name and current orders/instructions on the label. The medication must be brought to the Health Room by a parent or guardian. If the medication is for a life-threatening condition, the medication and current doctor’s orders must be in the Health Room prior to the first day of school. Please contact our School Nurse to make arrangements. For more information about Health and Wellness, please visit the district’s website.
If you are driving your student to Stadium, you must use the roundabout at the end of 2nd Street at the flagpole. Stadium Way is for buses only. We will have more buses arriving and departing from Stadium each day than in previous years, and for everyone’s safety the bus zone is reserved for their use only.
Bus stops will be available as we get closer to the first day of school. Please find bus stop and schedule information on the district’s Bus Stop Lookup. Visit the district’s Transportation website for more information.
If for any reason a student’s telephone number or address changes, even temporarily, please email the Guidance Office at StadiumRecords@tacoma.k12.wa.us. Stadium High School must have current information for emergency purposes.
Stadium Boosters is wonderful way for parents/guardians, staff and community members to come together in support of Stadium High School students and activities. Boosters meets once a month and you can find the calendar on their website. Our Booster group maintains a Facebook page and sells Stadium spirit wear. Our Boosters have been a tremendous support to our academic and athletic programs. If you are interested in being a Stadium Booster member, please join now!
If you have individual questions regarding your student and Stadium, please do not hesitate to reach out to your student’s assistant principal. For individual classroom concerns, speaking to our teachers directly is always a great first step, but for broader questions, you will find our assistant principals very helpful.
Are you interested in having a locker? Students are not required to have a locker, but they are available upon request. Please complete this Locker Request Form and let us know your locker preferences.