TPS high school students taking career and technical education (CTE) classes can earn dual high school and community/technical college credits. Students must complete the class, earn a ‘C’ or higher and register their class in the Statewide Enrollment and Reporting System (SERS).
Once a student’s class is registered in SERS their teacher can enter their final grade and colleges can use the information toward college credit.
How to register in SERS for college credit:
- New students: click Create New SERS Account; Returning students, log in using your username and password.
- Select Register for Classes under the Registration menu.
- To find all classes, click Search. To narrow your search, use the drop-down arrows, then click Search.
- Checkmark the classes you are taking this current school year.
- Click the Register Classes button at the bottom of the page.
- Checkmark the teacher who is teaching your class.
- When you have made your selections, click, Save & Register
- To print a confirmation page for your records, click on the printer icon at the top.
Benefits of dual college credit:
- Students can save on college tuition.
- Students can shorten the amount of time needed to complete college courses or certifications.
- For students attending a university, they should check with the admissions office about their policy on credit transfer.
- For students entering the military, the credits can help them earn promotion or higher pay.