Good Afternoon Stadium Families,
This is Principal Shannon Marshall with some important updates.
Wednesday, October 6 is a Late Start Day. Buses will run one hour later, and school will start at 8:35 AM.
There will be no school on Friday, October 8 because it is a District Data Day for staff training.
For your future planning, Stadium will have early release on Thursday, October 14 and Friday, October 15 for conferences. More information will be coming about the SAT and PSAT at the end of October.
Teachers will be available for conferencing with families from 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM on both October 14th and October 15th. In order to meet with as many families as possible, teachers will be communicating via email and can arrange to be available by phone. Teachers can also set up a Teams meeting. If for some reason, you are unable to connect with a teacher during these time frames, please email them with your questions or concerns.
Health and Safety
When to notify Stadium/TPS:
- If your student is identified by an organization other than Tacoma Public Schools as a close contact of someone who has COVID-19, please use the TPS Family App or contact us directly to let us know. We will then know that we need to support your student while they quarantine.
- Please also use the TPS Family App or call us if your student has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If we were the ones who notified you that your student is a close contact, you don’t have to add the information to the Family App. Our staff will do that.
If your student is deemed a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID-19, they will not have to quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and show no COVID symptoms. You can show proof of vaccination to your school with a paper or digital copy of one of these three items:
- CDC COVID-19 vaccination card
- Healthcare provider record
- State immunization system record
Are you receiving Schoology’s weekly digest email on Fridays? This feature updates you on your student’s grades, any missing or overdue work, and upcoming tests and assignments. If you have already set up a Schoology family account but are not receiving the weekly digest, you may need to verify your email address. This video provides instructions: Setting Up Schoology's Weekly Digest for Families. If you have not yet set up your family Schoology account, please contact our teacher librarian, Ms. Fullerton, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-571-3030. She can give you the parent access code you will need to set up your family account.
Yearbook Senior Portraits
Senior families, please keep these important yearbook dates in mind:
- December 1, 2021 is the deadline for submitting a senior portrait. Specifications are posted on our yearbook website. Please review these to avoid issues later.
- February 1, 2022 is the deadline for purchasing a senior graduation ad. Please visit our yearbook website for details.
Career Center Update
This week during lunches in the Career Center, Mrs. Junderson will host representatives from Gonzaga University, Willamette University and Tacoma Community College. Please eat in one of our designated areas and then make your way to the Career Center. Please see Mrs. Junderson’s website for more details.
Seniors: The Act Six application is open and closes on November 2nd. This year, Act Six will award 30 of Tacoma-Seattle’s most promising urban leaders full scholarships worth up to $245,000 at five partner colleges. Learn more and start your application at https://www.actsix.org/apply/
Juniors: The Palmer Scholars application is open and closes on November 17th. Palmer Scholars provides post-secondary readiness training, mentoring, financial assistance and support for up to six years! Learn more and start your application at https://palmerscholars.smapply.io/
Hilltop Heritage Middle School
Jason Lee Middle School will officially become Hilltop Heritage Middle School on October 6, and you’re invited to the celebration. The event at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, October 6 will be hosted by students, community members and the Puyallup Tribe to commemorate this historical change at the 96-year-old school.
There will be a Stadium Booster meeting on Monday, October 4 at 6:00 PM via Zoom. Please see the calendar on the Booster website for the link.
Have a wonderful week, Tigers!
Shannon Marshall, Principal
Stadium High School